Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pulling Strings

 
"Would you tell your husband that I can't attend this month's Alliance meeting?"
"Be sure to tell your husband that we are out of copy paper."
"I think he wore that tie last week."
"Don't forget to tell the Pastor that our meeting times have changed. Oh, and make sure the secretary knows so she can change it in all the printed material. Last time you forgot."
"Your husband looks discouraged. Is he discouraged? I hope the sermon isn't going to be as long as last week. We have to get to a ballgame."
"Please tell your husband that my sister's mother-in-law's best friend's cousin's child is having her tonsils out on the 31st. Have him pray and put her on our pray list in Sunday's bulletin."
"Do you realize that you have forgotten the dates that I just gave you a week ago?"
 
 
Your expectations are too high. I cannot meet them.
Do you stop to think that we are two people? All of you are many.
You have a 2% chance of me remembering these things. <sigh>
I don't want to remember these things.
 Tell me about your niece who is soul searching, acting out in the process,
 and that you would like to pray with me about it.
 Tell me that you have faith, as a grain of mustard seed,
 but you want God to increase your faith and you want us to pray about it.
Ask me if we could visit your sister-in-law,
who has many questions about what it means to be a Christian.
Ask me how my husband and I are doing and then ask how can you pray for us.
Tell me how I can pray for you.
 
 
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Eccl. 4:9-12
 
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:
1 Peter 4:8-10
 
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment